Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Beauty of Photo Postage Stamps

I never thought that postage stamps would ever play a role in my life, but the new wave of customized photo postage stamp just made me realize how lovely these little bits of paper can be. I recently came across these customized photo stamps and saw just how lovely some of these things can be. I decided to experiment with my own photo postage stamps just to satisfy my curiosity.

I made one of these photo postage stamp with a picture that I had on my computer and saw that while the possibilities were there, I needed better pictures for my photo stamps.

I started digging through photo albums for pictures that would look good in photo postage stamp and I picked out some of the best moments in my life to try and make into these postage stamps. I also chose a few pictures that did not include me but brought back good memories of my times with my family and brought these up to my room as well.

Readying my scanner, I placed picture after picture into my scanner and saved them in a folder marked to remind me that the pictures I wanted to use for my photo stamp were there. I then started to experiment with the pictures I had and tried creating photo postage stamp out of them. I also tried tweaking with the pictures I had to cut and crop some parts that would not look too good. Pretty soon, I had quite a few photo stamps ideas ready for creating and ordering.

After placing an order for the photo postage stamp I wanted and receiving them, I decided to give some to my mom. I gave her the postage stamp pictures of me as a little kid and while those can be used as real postage stamps, she never did use them but just kept them in an album with other pictures of me as a kid.

No comments: